COMMIT to safely disposing of your prescription drugs! Disposal Bins are Located at:
- Madison County Sheriff's Dept. 546 E. College St. Jackson, TN 38301
- Jackson Police Department, 324 Institute St. , Jackson, TN 38301
Help for Youth:
Parent Resources – Prescription Drugs
- www.theantidrug.com - sponsored by the Anti-Drug Media Campaign, this site has parenting advice to assist parents in talking to their teens about prescription drug use. Resources available include drug information and news.
- www.drugfree.org - The Partnership at Drugfree.org is a drug abuse prevention, intervention, treatment and recovery resource, existing to help parents and caregivers effectively address alcohol and drug abuse with their teens and young adults.
- www.ncapda.org - The National Coalition Against Prescription Drug Abuse (NCAPDA) is an organization that was established to generate nationwide awareness about the dangers of prescription drug misuse and abuse. There are Stories, Media, tools to Get Involved and Educational Fact Sheets available.
- www.preventrxabuse.org - The Community AntiDrug Coalition of America (CADCA) created this website to host all the tools they have developed in preventing medicine abuse.
- www.lockyourmeds.org - Lock Your Meds® is a national multi-media campaign designed to reduce prescription drug abuse by making adults aware that they are the “unwitting suppliers” of prescription medications being used in unintended ways, especially by young people.
- www.operationunite.org - “UNITE” is an acronym meaning Unlawful Narcotics Investigations, Treatment and Education. It reflects the three-pronged, comprehensive approach deemed necessary to combating substance abuse in Kentucky.
- teens.drugabuse.gov - The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), a component of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), created this Web site to educate adolescents ages 11 through 15 (as well as their parents and teachers) on the science behind drug abuse.
- underyourinfluencetn.com - Under your influence - The Power of the Parent
- Create a contract with your teen: Put your drug and alcohol rules in writing
Parent Resources – Tobacco
- www.abovetheinfluence.com - Brought to you by the Youth Anti-drug Media Campaign. Information available for use includes Facts Matter, True Stories an Inspiration Wall and addresses How to Tackle Pressure to smoke.
- www.tobaccofreekids.org - Brought to you by the Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids. This site has Fact Sheets, and addresses The Toll of Tobacco, and Key Issues to consider.
- cdc.gov/tobacco/youth – This site is sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and has Fact Sheets and Information from the Surgeon Generals Report as well as links to assist with quitting.
- www.thetruth.com - the Truth website shares information regarding the Tobacco industries agenda to sell tobacco products. There are a lot of facts available on this site as well as music and games.
• www.tnquitline.com - has information on the ICANQUIT program which assists smokes to quit and stay away from cigarettes for good.
Help for everyone:
- Drugs: Shatter the Myths
- Raising kids who don't smoke
- Hands-On-Health; Health Wave Newsletter April 2013 - April is Alcohol awereness Month