Here are tidbits of information that we thought you may not have known... we call it - DID YOU KNOW?
- On average, underage drinkers consume more drinks per drinking occasion than adult drinkers.
- In 2008, there were approximately 190,000 emergency rooms visits by persons under age 21 for injuries and other conditions linked to alcohol.
- More than 2/3 of 12th graders, 1/5 of 10th graders, and 1/3 of 8th graders have consumed alcohol at some point in their lives.
- In 2009, 10,839 people were killed in crashes involving alcohol in the United States.
- Alcohol is a leading contributor to injury death, the main cause of death for people under the age of 21.
- Parents can have a major impact on their children's drinking, especially during the pre-teen and early teen years.
- Three in ten 8th graders have tried alcohol.
- One in five teens binge drink. Only 1 in 100 parents believe his or her teen binge drinks.
- 70% of children say their parents are the leading influence in whether they drink or not.